- Road paving projects, approximately 10 km roads have been paved or in an advanced stage of being paved in Phumelela
- Construction of sewer reticulation, toilets structures and house connections in Zamani for 112 households which were previously using pit toilets
- Electricity house connections for 42 houses in Ezenzeleni
- Sewer network and house connection for 250 houses in Thembalihle, Ext 4
- Installation of 11 high mast lights that were launched on the 21 April 2011.
In collaboration with the Free State Department of Human Settlements;
- A total of 1230 RDP houses were built during the 2011/2012 financial year
- 94 houses were built in partnership with The Lands Claim Commission, Department of Human Settlements and the municipality as part of Restitution of Land Rights for Land Claims Restitution Beneficiaries in Ezenzeleni.
- 50 houses were built and handed over to senior citizens in Ezenzeleni.
- A total of 336 houses is currently under construction
- 500 RDP houses were built, 250 in Thembalihle Ext.3 and the other parts of Thembalihle, the other 250 houses were built as a green field project
- 100 dilapidated houses in the old section of Thembalihle were upgraded as part of Township Revitalisation Programme
- 50 RDP house were built and handed over to beneficiaries
- 100 RDP houses are currently being constructed and will be completed in July 2011
- The Provincial Government has donated two asbestos houses to the municipality on condition that the municipality will donate the houses to their occupants.
Job Creation and Skills Development
- 11 young recruits between 18 and 35 with Grade 10 or higher qualifications, from rural communities, were employed under the National Rural Youth Service Corps
- 75 young people, under the age of 35 employed under the following Learnership Programmes; Mixed-Farming; Warden = 25 Learners, Memel = 25 Learners. Electronics; Vrede = 25 Learners. These Learnership Programmes were launched by Premier Ace Magashule in Thabong, Matjhabeng Local Municipality on the 6 May 2011. Each learner has received protective clothes and will receive a stipend of R1200 per Month.
- 30 unemployed young people are currently working under EPWP Programme implemented by Thabo Mofutsanyana District Municipality in Phumelela.
- 12 young people from Zamani are currently employed by the Department of Public Works under the Construction Learnership Programme for 9 months.
- The absorption of 9 former employees of Krynaauwlust Farming Trust by the Municipality since May 2010 after losing their jobs due to the dissolution of the Trust.
- 124 unemployed young men and women were employed by Edwin Construction on the R34 and RI03 Road Upgrading Project, as part of their CSI (Corporate Social Investment Programme)
Private Sector Investment
Edwin Construction will Invest approximately R400 000, 00 in Phumelela by upgrading the local community sport ground and also by donating goal posts to soccer teams in Memel and Warden.